Another weekend in the UFC came and went, but not without making a couple of statements first. Perhaps the biggest one is that the future is bright for the promotion, as highlighted in the UFC Vegas 69 payouts. A trio of newcomers cashed in with big bonuses while veterans of the octagon Jim Miller, Ovince Saint Preux, and Jessica Andrade all suffered defeats at the UFC APEX.
Performance of the Night: Erin Blanchfield and Mayra Bueno Silva
Of the 11 fights on the card at UFC Vegas 69, only two of the contests featured female fighters, but both absolutely delivered. On the preliminary card, No.14 Mayra Bueno Silva continued to make a name for herself in the women’s bantamweight division. A strong favorite at the betting window, she showed why by submitting No. 12 Lina Lansberg by knee bar in the second round of their bout. That makes it three consecutive wins for “Sheetara” and her fourth early finish in the UFC.
Putting a stamp on last night with her biggest victory yet 👏
Hear what @Blanchfield_MMA has to say post-win at #UFCVegas69! pic.twitter.com/MBQ4wNGJp3
— UFC (@ufc) February 19, 2023
While Bueno Silva entered her bout the favorite, rising talent Erin Blanchfield was an underdog against the perennial contender Jessica Andrade in their women’s flyweight contest. A bout between the third and the tenth-ranked athletes in the division, Blanchfield lived up to her nickname “Cold Blooded” as she weathered the power of Andrade with no problem. Dealing considerable damage herself, it was her strength in the grappling game that allowed Blanchfield to expertly get position early and secure a rear naked choke that forced Andrade to tap. Sure to leap up the rankings, Blanchfield is asking for a title shot next.
For delivering the best performances of the night, both Bueno Silva and Blanchfield took home an extra $50,000 each with their UFC Vegas 69 payouts.
Fight of the Night: Evan Elder vs Nazim Sadykhov
There were a number of great fights at UFC Vegas 69, some that ended early and some that went the distance. The preliminary card headliner between Nazim Sadykhov and Evan Elder, however, took the cake. Through the first two rounds, both fighters delivered serious damage and matched each other well. On the official cards, Elder was slightly edging out the newcomer Sadykhov unanimously. That all changed in the third round when the damage done by Sadykhov was enough to force a doctor’s stoppage to the contest, snatching the win from Elder and giving Sadykhov the victory.
After the fight, Sadykhov said the fight was worth $50,000, and he was right. In fact, it would stand as the Fight of the Night, sending both Elder and Sadykhov home with an extra $50,000 each in their UFC Vegas 69 payouts.
UFC Vegas 69 Payouts – Venum Sponsorship Bonuses (based on number of fights in the UFC)
*Per the UFC Promotional Guidelines
- $4,000 (1-3 fights): AJ Fletcher (3), Themba Gorimbo (debut), Khuesein Askhabov (debut), Nazim Sadykhov (debut), Evan Elder (2), Jamal Pogues (debut), Zac Pauga (2), Clayton Carpenter (debut), Juancamilo Ronderos (2)
- $4,500 (4-5 fights): Philipe Lins (4), Jamall Emmers (4), Josh Parisian (5), Erin Blanchfield (5)
- $6,000 (6-10 fights): William Knight (7), Marcin Prachnio (7), Jordan Wright (6),
- $11,000 (11-15 fights): Lina Lansberg (11), Alexander Hernandez (11),
- $16,000 (16-20 fights): N/A
- $21,000 (21+ fights): Ovince Saint Preux (26), Jessica Andrade (23), Jim Miller (39)
UFC Vegas 69 Results
- Erin Blanchfield submitted Jessica Andrade at 1:37 in Round 2 by rear naked choke
- Zac Pauga defeated Jordan Wright by unanimous decision
- Jamal Pogies defeated Josh Parisian by unanimous decision
- Marcin Prachnio defeated William Knight by unanimous decision
- Alexander Hernandez defeated Jim Miller by unanimous decision
- Nazim Sadykhov TKO’d Evan Elder at 0:38 of Round 3
- Mayra Bueno Silva submitted Lina Lansberg at 4:46 in Round 2 by kneebar
- Jamall Emmers defeated Khusein Askhabov by unanimous decision
- Philipe Lins KO’d Ovince Saint Preux at 0:49 in Round 1
- AJ Fletcher submitted Themba Gorimbo at 1:37 in Round 2 by guillotine choke
- Clayton Carpenter submitted Juancamilo Ronderos at 3:13 in Round 1 by rear naked choke