It has become a common occurrence over the last few months for the UFC to not declare a Fight of the Night. That was the case this last weekend as well, noted by the absence of the bonus in the UFC Vegas 67 payouts awarded after the event. Instead, four Performance of the Night bonuses were distributed, totaling $200,000. Considering all bonuses distributed for the evening, the total amount of extra cash earned on Saturday came out to more than $360,000.
Performance of the Night – Allan Nascimento, Umar Nurmagomedov, Roman Kopylov, and Dan Ige
While Allan Nascimento’s win over Carlos Hernandez wasn’t the first early finish of UFC Vegas 67, it was the first submission. Getting the tap was at certainly part of the gameplan for Nascimento, as evidenced by his nine total strikes in the bout. Midway through the first round, he caught Hernandez with a rear naked choke, securing the win and one of the four Performance of the Night bonuses.
Of the four performance bonuses, three of them were awarded to winners on the main card, and all three of them won by knockout. Perhaps the most stunning was Umar Nurmagomedov’s late first-round knockout that put Raoni Barcelos to sleep with just 20 seconds left. Of course, Roman Kopylov’s TKO of Punahele Soriano two fights later was one of absolute punishing dominance.
One of just two underdogs on the card to pull off the upset, his combination of strikes and kicks was delivered with power that could be felt by the viewers. In the co-main event, Dan Ige showed he was the one who packed the fireworks, however, and he kept them all in his left fist. His KO of Damon Jackson was sheer perfection.
For their highlight finishes, Nascimento, Nurmagomedov, Kopylov, and Ige each collected a $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus with their UFC Vegas 67 payouts.
UFC Vegas 67 Payouts – Venum Sponsorship Bonuses (based on number of fights in the UFC)
*Per the UFC Promotional Guidelines
- $4,000 (1-3 fights): Jimmy Flick (2), Dan Argueta (2), Nick Aguirre (debut), Allan Nascimento (3), Carlos Hernandez (2), Mateusz Rebecki (debut), Nick Fiore (debut), Claudio Ribeiro (debut), Javid Basharat (3), Mateus Mendonca (debut), Charles Johnson (3)
- $4,500 (4-5 fights): Umar Nurmagomedov (4), Roman Kopylov (4)
- $6,000 (6-10 fights): Raoni Brcelos (9), Ketlen Vieira (10), Punahele (6), Damon Jackson (10), Nassourdine Imavov (6)
- $11,000 (11-15 fights): Abdul Razak Alhassan (11), Dan Ige (13)
- $16,000 (16-20 fights): Raquel Pennington (17), Sean Strickland (18)
- $21,000 (21+ fights): N/A
UFC Vegas 67 Results
- Sean Strickland defeated Nassourdine Imavov by unanimous decision
- Dan Ige KO’d Damon Jackson at 4:13 in Round 2
- Roman Kopylov TKO’d Punahele Soriano at 3:19 in Round 2
- Raquel Pennington defeated Ketlen Vieira by split decision
- Umar Nurmagomedov KO’d Raoni Barcelos at 4:40 in Round 1
- Javid Basharat defeated Mateus Mendonca by unanimous decision
- Abdul Razak Alhassan KO’d Claudio Ribeiro at 0:28 in Round 2
- Mateusz Rebecki defeated Nick Fiore by unanimous decision
- Allan Nascimento submitted Carlos Hernandez by rear naked choke at 3:16 in Round 1
- Daniel Argueta defeated Nick Aguirre by unanimous decision
- Charles Johnson TKO’d Jimmy Flick at 4:33 in Round 1