The UFC has been extremely generous in the month of June with fight bonuses, but they scaled things Saturday night at UFC Vegas 57. At both UFC 275: Teixeira vs Prochaska in Singapore and at UFC Austin: Kattar vs Emmett, every finisher was awarded a $50,000 Performance of the Night Bonus. It had become enough of a trend that Cody Darden thought he was in for a big bonus with his first-round finish of JP Buys, only to be disappointed later which he voiced on Twitter.
After distributing $700,000 the previous two weeks in POTN bonuses alone, the UFC was a bit pickier following Saturday’s return to the UFC APEX in Las Vegas. See who earned what at UFC Vegas 57: Tsarukyan vs Gamrot.
Performance of the Night – Shavkat Rakhmonov, Josh Parisian, Thiago Moises
UFC Vegas 57 featured six early stoppages in total – three by submission, and three by TKO. When the bonuses were handed out for Performance of the Night, however, only the three finishers on the main card were rewarded with bonuses. Both Moises and Rakhmonov won their bouts by submission, executing a rear naked choke and a guillotine respectively to get the victory. The only finish by TKO on the main card was Josh Parisian in what could have been a candidate for Fight of the Night against Alan Boudot had it gone the distance. Battling at a frantic pace, Parisian and Boudot were all over the Octagon, and for his finishing blows, Parisian earned the $50,000 alongside Rakhmonov and Moises.
Fight of the Night – Arman Tsarukyan vs Mateusz Gamrot
In the days leading up to UFC Vegas 57, Tsarukyan was eyeing a top-five ranking in the lightweight division and challenging for the belt. Following his battle with Gamrot in Las Vegas, however, that campaign has been set back a little due to his loss. At least the $50,000 for his part in the Fight of the Night will help take some of the sting out of it.
It was a wild affair between the two challengers, and minor differences in each round led to all three officials scoring the bout 48-47 in favor of Gamrot. While Tsarukyan controlled things early on, taking the first two rounds, Gamrot finished strong, scoring a number of late takedowns in the final two rounds to take the victory.
Main Card and Preliminaries Payouts*
For events outside of the state of California, the UFC doesn’t report fighter earnings for their fights. In addition to the performance bonuses that are shared, we do, however, also know the amount each athlete earns from the new sponsorship partnership with Venum.
UFC Vegas 57 saw a number of fighters reach the next bracket of the promotional sponsorship payout, setting up so many others with just one more fight until their next pay raise. The biggest earner from Venum in Las Vegas on Saturday was Neil Magny, fighting in the co-main event. With nine years in the UFC, “The Haitian Sensation” fought his 27th bout in the Octagon, 11 more than Brian Kelleher on the card who reached the $16,000 level of the payout bracket.
Venum Sponsorship Payouts (based on number of fights in the UFC)
- $4,000 (1-3 fights): Vanessa Demopoulos (3), Shayilan Nuerdanbieke (3), Carlos Ulberg (3), Chris Curtis (3), Umar Nurmagomedov (3)
- $4,500 (4-5 fights): Jinh Yu Frey (5), Cody Durden (5), JP Buys (4), Sergey Morozov (4), TJ Brown (5), Tafon Nchukwi (5), Rodolfo Vieira (5), Nate Maness (4), Josh Parisian (4), Alan Baudot (4), Shavkat Rakhmonov (4), Mateusz Gamrot
- $6,000 (6-10 fights): Mario Bautista (6), Raulian Paiva (7), Thiago Moises (9), Arman Tsarukyan (7)
- $11,000 (11-15 fights): Christo Giagos (11)
- $16,000 (16-20 fights): Brian Kelleher (16)
- $21,000 (21+ fights): Neil Magny (27)
UFC Vegas 57: Tsarukyan vs Gamrot Results
- Mateusz Gamrot defeated Arman Tsarukyan – Unanimous Decision
- Shavkat Rakhmonov submitted Neil Magny by guillotine – Round 2
- Josh Parisian TKO’d Alan Baudot – Round 2
- Thiago Moises submitted Christo Giagos by rear naked choke – Round 1
- Umar Nurmagomedov defeated Nate Maness – Unanimous Decision
- Chris Curtis defeated Rodolfo Vieira – Unanimous Decision
- Carlos Ulberg TKO’d Tafon Nchukwi – Round 1
- Shayilan Nuerdanbieke defeated TJ Brown – Unanimous Decision
- Sergey Morozov defeated Raulian Paiva – Unanimous Decision
- Cody Durden TKO’d JP Buys – Round 1
- Mario Bautista submitted Brian Kelleher by rear naked choke – Round 1
- Vanessa Demopoulos defeated Jinh Yu Frey – Split Decision