UFC Vegas 55: Holm vs Vieira was an evening of great bouts and was predominantly high quality until the controversial ending. Returning to The Octagon, Holm fought her 13th career bout in the UFC, a surprisingly low title for such a seasoned veteran, but reflectent of her two years away. Vieira, however, is now poised to have a shot at a similar path, likely to receive a title shot by the end of the year. Despite being the most significant topic on Saturday, the contest between Holm and Vieira, the bout did not earn either fighter extra honors. Check out below who earned the performance bonuses for Fight of the Night and Performance of the Night at UFC Vegas 55.
Fight of the Night – Michel Pereira vs Santiago Ponzinibbio
Pereira entered Saturday riding a four-fight winning streak and extended it to five and likely a top-15 ranking to boot with his victory over Ponzinibbio. However, that isn’t to take anything away from Ponzinibbio, as he and Pereira delivered a “Fight of the Night” performance in one of the more evenly-matched contests you’ll find. The majority of punches from both athletes were significant, and they landed at a rate near 50 percent. For their part in the battle, both Pereira and Ponzinibbio pocketed a cool $50,000 each in addition to their fight check from UFC Vegas 55.
Couldn’t take our eyes off of this one 👀
[ B2YB @ToyoTires | #UFCVegas55 ] pic.twitter.com/ZKjJgV7B5H
— UFC (@ufc) May 22, 2022
Performance of the Night – Chidi Njokuani and Chase Hooper
Neither Hooper nor Njokuani has been around the UFC long, but they’ve already delivered highlights that lit up Twitter. For Hooper, in just the second fight of the evening, he delivered one of the most dominant performances of the night against Felipe Colares, ultimately earning the TKO call. An underdog at the betting window, Hooper out-landed Colares by nearly 100 strikes and was in control on the ground. Later on the main card, Njokuani landed the shot of the night, connecting his right elbow with the left side of Dusko Todorovic’s face, ending the fight. On the lower end of the sponsorship bonus scale, both Hooper and Njokuani surely appreciate the extra cash from UFC Vegas 55.
Statements made. Bonuses earned. 💰💰 #UFCVegas55 pic.twitter.com/Q5fvSZt19v
— UFC (@ufc) May 22, 2022
Venum Sponsorship Payouts (based on number of fights in the UFC)
The UFC does not release payment amounts for fights in most locations, including Las Vegas. Most amounts that you’ll find across the Internet are just estimates. Fortunately, we do know what the sponsorship payout from Venum is, which is detailed below.
Per the UFC Promotional Guidelines
- 11-15 Fights: Holly Holm (13), Santiago Ponzinibbio (15), Eryk Anders (14) – $11,000 Payout
- 6-10 Fights: Felipe Colares (6), Vince Morales (7), Omar Morales (6), Junyong Park (6), Polyana Viana (7), Ketlen Vieira (9), Michel Pereira (8), Jonathan Martinez (10) – $6,000 Payout
- 4-5 Fights: Sam Hughes (5), Chase Hooper (5), Dusko Todorovic (5), Parker Porter (5) – $4,500 Payout
- 1-3 Fights: Elise Reed (3), Uros Medic (3), Alen Amedovski (3), Jailton Almeida (2), Joseph Holmes (2), Tabitha Ricci (3), Chidi Njokuani (2) – $4,000 Payout
UFC Vegas 55 Results
- Ketlen Viera (+190) defeated Holly Holm (-235) by Split Decision
- Michel Pereira (-140) defeated Santiago Ponzinibbio (+120) by Split Decision
- Chidi Njokuani (-250) defeated Dusko Todorovic (+200) by KO – Round 1
- Tabatha Ricci (-130) defeated Polyana Viana (+110) by Unanimous Decision
- Junyong Park (-205) defeated Eryk Anders (+160) by Split Decision
- Joseph Holmes (-195) defeated Alen Amedovski (+165) by rear naked choke – Round 1
- Jailton Almeida (-600) submitted Parker Porter (+435) by rear naked choke – Round 1
- Uros Medic (+120) defeated Omar Morales (-140) by TKO – Round 2
- Jonathan Martinez (-240) defeated Vince Morales (+195) by Unanimous Decision
- Chase Hooper (+150) defeated Felipe Colares (-170) by TKO – Round 3
- Sam Hughes (+135) defeated Elise Reed (-155) by TKO – Round 3