Florida is known for getting wild, and the performances on Saturday night lived up to the reputation. The UFC had its work cut out for it when narrowing down who the bonus winners would be in the UFC Orlando payouts. Once the main card hit, not one contest went the distance as six of the seven fights were finished by knockout, with the other ending by rear naked choke. Read below to see who the big earners were, taking home the most bonus money in their UFC Orlando payouts.
Both Roman Dolidze and Sergei Pavlovich entered Saturday as betting favorites looking to make a climb in the division standings. First up was the unranked Dolidze, challenging No.8 Jack Hermansson in the middleweight class, and riding a three-fight winning streak. After the first round, he was trailing on the judges’ scorecards, and that carried into the second round as he was significantly outstruck. A fight can turn on a dime, however, and that’s exactly what happened in this one.
Right after Dolidze and Hermansson exited The Octagon, it was time for the heavyweights as No.4 Tai Tuivasa attempted to hold back No.6 Pavlovich, and his effort didn’t last long. The big boys both came out ready to brawl, especially the challenger. In just 54 seconds, Pavlovich out-landed Tuivasa 23-2, knocking him down twice. Tuivasa couldn’t rise after the second one and, in less than a minute, the fight was waived off. Just three months ago, Tuivasa was in a title eliminator, and that makes what Pavlovich did even more impressive. He’ll likely get his shot at the belt soon.
At the end of the night, Dolidze and Pavlovich picked up a rise in the rankings and each took home a $50,000 bonus with their UFC Orlando payouts for delivering a Performance of the Night.
The main event contest between Stephen Thompson and Kevin Holland was a conversation for months before the fight took shape. On Saturday night at UFC Orlando, their bout delivered one of the best shows of the year while providing the Fight of the Night. Had Holland not hurt his hand in the third round, the battle surely wouldn’t have gone the distance anyway as the two warriors traded blow after blow. Thompson was delivering kick after kick with absolute precision and power, yet Holland absorbed them like it was seemingly nothing. For his part, “Trailblazer” worked a number of punches in himself that would’ve grounded lesser men.
Both men were amazing competitors in the cage, showing sportsmanship amidst the brutality. That display from the two, knowing they were getting the other’s best, took the entertainment factor to another level. For delivering the Fight of the Night, Thompson and Holland picked up an additional $50,000 each as a bonus with their UFC Orlando payouts.
UFC Orlando Payouts – Venum Sponsorship Bonuses (based on number of fights in the UFC)
- $4,000 (1-3 fights): Natan Levy (3), Genaro Valdez (2), Emily Ducote (2), Yazmin Jauregui (2), Istela Nunes (3), Marcelo Rojo (3), Francis Marshall (debut)
- $4,500 (4-5 fights): Phil Rowe (4)
- $6,000 (6-10 fights): Jonathan Pearce (6), Kyle Daukas (7), Roman Dolidze (7), Sergei Pavlovich (6), Matheus Nicolau (8)
- $11,000 (11-15 fights): Marc Diakese (13), Scott Holtzman (13), Niko Price (15), Eryk Anders (15), Tai Tuivasa (13), Matt Schnell (12),
- $16,000 (16-20 fights): Jack Hermansson (16), Bryan Barberena (16), Stephen Thompson (19), Kevin Holland (17)
- $21,000 (21+ fights): Darren Elkins (27), Michael Johnson (27), Clay Guida (34), Angela Hill (22), Rafael Dos Anjos (33)
UFC Orlando Fight Results
- Stephen Thompson TKO’d Kevin Holland in after Round 4 via corner stoppage.
- Rafael Dos Anjos submitted Bryan Barberena by rear naked choke at 3:20 in Round 2.
- Matheus Nicolau KO’d Matt Schnell at 1:44 in Round 2.
- Sergei Pavlovich KO’d Tai Tuivasa at 0:54 in Round 1.
- Roman Dolidze TKO’d Jack Hermansson at 4:06 in Round 2.
- Eryk Anders TKO’d Kyle Daukas at 2:45 in Round 2.
- Phil Rowe TKO’d Niko Price at 3:26 in Round 3.
- Angela Hill defeated Emily Ducote by unanimous decision.
- Clay Guida defeated Scott Holtzman by split decision.
- Michael Johnson defeated Marc Diakiese by unanimous decision.
- Jonathan Pearce defeated Darren Elkins by unanimous decision.
- Natan Levy defeated Genaro Valdez by unanimous decision.
- Francis Marshall KO’d Marcelo Rojo at 1:14 in Round 2.
- Yazmin Jauregui TKO’d Istela Nunes at 4:06 in Round 2.