UFC Las Vegas was a solid card from start to finish on Saturday, and it was reflected in the UFC Las Vegas payouts of the bonuses following the event. Two fighters on the preliminary card took home $50,000 for delivering top performances. Opening the main card, fans were treated to a back-and-forth close affair, and that was before the upsets in three of the final four contests of the evening.
UFC Las Vegas Payouts
Performance of the Night: Davey Grant and Bruno Silva
The second bout of the night was a significant one as it marked the return of Bruno Silva after a two-year absence, and a return it was. “Bulldog” picked up right where he left off in 2021, winning in an early fashion. His second-round submission of Tyson Nam was the first of five fights decided on the mat and was utterly dominant as he outstruck Tyson Nam two-to-one. Of course, the technical rear naked choke was what finished the contest.
Later on the preliminary card, Davey Grant was looking rough through the first two rounds. Headed toward a loss on the scorecards in the final frame, he took matters into his own hand. Grant was firing on all cylinders, landing 38 total strikes in the third round before submitting Raphael Assuncao by reverse triangle.
The UFC rewarded Grant and Silva each with a Performance of the Night designation, adding $50,000 to their UFC Las Vegas payouts.
Fight of the Night: Vitor Petrino vs Anton Turkalj
Vitor Petrino may have collected a unanimous decision victory in his UFC debut, but he surely earned it against Anton Turkalj. Turkalj had the striking advantage 69-60, picking up five takedowns as well. Petrino’s ground game was a bit better, however, reversing four of Turkalj’s takedowns, while taking the Swedish fighter to the mat seven times. Appropriately, the even-matched combatants were recognized by the promotion for delivering the Fight of the Night above even the main event. For their performances, Petrino and Turkalj each took home another $50,000 with their UFC Las Vegas payouts.
UFC Las Vegas Payouts – Venum Sponsorship Bonuses (based on number of fights in the UFC)
*Per the UFC Promotional Guidelines
- $4,000 (1-3 fights): Victor Henry (3), Sedriques Dumas (debut), Josh Fremd (3), Karl Williams (debut), Lukasz Brzeski (2), Vitor Petrino (debut), Anton Turkalj (2)
- $4,500 (4-5 fights): Carlston Harris (4), Jared Gooden (5)
- $6,000 (6-10 fights): Tyson Nam (7), Bruno Silva (6), Ariane Lipski (9), Tony Gravely (8), Mario Bautista (8), Guido Cannetti (10), Said Nurmagomedov (8), Ryan Spann (10), Alexandr Romanov (7)
- $11,000 (11-15 fights): JJ Aldrich(12), Davey Grant (11), Jonathan Martinez (12), Alexander Volkov (14), Petr Yan (12), Merab Dvalishviili (11)
- $16,000 (16-20 fights): Raphael Assuncao (19), Nikita Krylov (19)
- $21,000 (21+ fights): N/A
UFC Las Vegas Results
- Merab Dvalishvili defeated Petr Yan by unanimous decision
- Alexander Volkov TKO’d Alexandr Romanov at 2:16 in Round 1.
- Nikita Krylov submitted Ryan Spann by triangle choke at 3:38 in Round 1.
- Jonathan Martinez defeated Said Nurmagomedov by unanimous decision.
- Mario Bautista submitted Guido Cannetti by rear naked choke at 3:18 in Round 1.
- Vitor Petrino defeated Anton Turkalj by unanimous decision.
- Karl Williams defeated Lukasz Brzeski by unanimous decision.
- Davey Grant submitted Raphael Assuncao by reverse triangle choke at 4:43 in Round 3.
- Josh Fremd submitted Sedriques Dumas by guillotine choke at 3:00 in Round 2.
- Victor Henry defeated Tony Gravely by split decision.
- Ariane Lipski defeated JJ Aldrich by unanimous decision.
- Bruno Silva defeated Tyson Nam by technical submission via rear naked choke at 1:23 in Round 2.
- Carlston Harris defeated Jared Gooden by unanimous decision.