Raoni Barcelos received news of a positive Covid-19 test and is out of his fight with Marcelo Rojo. Unfortunately, this is Barcelos’s third bout in a row that has been canceled. If Rojo finds a replacement the bout will be contested at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. It is unknown if the promotion is seeking a replacement fight for Rojo at this point in time.
The bantamweight athlete fights out of Brazil. Additionally, he announced the cancellation of this weekend’s bout in a video he posted on Twitter early Monday morning. First, the bantamweight contender was supposed to face Raphael Assuncao but plans changed in the Coivd era as usual.
Bantamweight Contender Raoni Barcelos Is Out of UFC Vegas 20 Bout
With Barcelos out, Rojo is a solid athlete with great instincts inside the cage. Prior to this bout assignment, Rojo is trying to gain momentum with a win in his last fight. Rojo’s win over Victor Madrigal is a huge testament to the type of power the fighter from Argentina has. In fact, Rojo finished the fight in 1:38 of the first round, indicating that he is a fast starter.
Rojo is a potent finisher. He also is an unpredictable finisher because he can submit or finish the opponent on the feet. Rojo’s style always makes for an exciting fight.
Since the promotion is still in the process of dealing with the fallout of Raoni Barcelos, here is the most up-to-date schedule of fights for UFC Vegas 20:
Main Card (8 p.m. ET)
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Ciryl Gane
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Nikita Krylov
- Montana De La Rosa vs. Mayra Bueno Silva
- Pedro Munhoz vs. Jimmie Rivera
- Angela Hill vs. Ashley Yoder
- Alex Caceres vs. Kevin Croom
Preliminary Card (5 p.m. ET)
- Alexander Hernandez vs. Thiago Moises
- Alex Oliveira vs. opponent TBA
- Alexis Davis vs. Sabina Mazo
- William Knight vs. Alonzo Menifield
- Marcelo Rojo vs. opponent TBA
- Vince Cachero vs. Ronnie Lawrence
- Maxim Grishin vs. Dustin Jacoby
Don’t miss the action on ESPN+