After Zak Cummings fell out of his scheduled fight with Sam Alvey, now Julian Marquez will face the middleweight on UFC on ABC 2.
The news was first reported by sources at MMAJunkie.
Marquez is a busy figure in the mixed martial arts world and hosts a podcast called Beauty & The Beast with the famous adult film star Kendra Lust as his co-host. Additionally, the 30-year old caught headlines all over the place when he went to shoot his shot with Miley Cyrus. Following the callout of the music icon, she responded on social media to the surprise of Marquez and most of the social media.
Back To The Middleweight Match-Up Between Julian Marquez and Sam Alvey
Marquez is coming off an emphatic comeback victory. In particular, the middleweight faced off with Maki Pitolo. While Marquez put up a valiant effort, for the most part, he got destroyed. Then, after taking damage throughout three rounds, the 30-year old pulled off an amazing anaconda choke. Since getting the win, Marquez has been the talk of the town and now he has his next fight scheduled. Prior to the recent success, Marquez underwent a period of inactivity but took a loss to Alessio Chirico in 2018.
“Smilin” Alvey has gone up and down in weight and for a while was just competing at light heavyweight. Now, the fighter is looking to remain disciplined and admitted to having to lose a ton of weight ahead of making his middleweight mark. However, Alvey has always presented challenges for middleweights, with such an iron chin, the American often catches opponents off guard.
With the addition of Julian Marquez vs. Sam Alvey, here is the up-to-date schedule for the UFC event on ABC 2:
- Darren Till vs. Marvin Vettori
- Arnold Allen vs. Sodiq Yusuff
- Nina Ansaroff vs. Mackenzie Dern
- Kyle Daukaus vs. Aliaskhab Khizriev
- Sam Alvey vs. Julian Marquez
- Ignacio Bahamondes vs. John Makdessi
- Mike Perry vs. Daniel Rodriguez
- Jordan Griffin vs. Luis Saldana
- Norma Dumont vs. Bea Malecki
- Jarjis Danho vs. Yorgan De Castro
- Hunter Azure vs. Jack Shore
- Shamil Gamzatov vs. Da Un Jung
- Mateusz Gamrot vs. Scott Holtzman
- Impa Kasanganay vs. Sasha Palatnikov
- Jim Miller vs. Joe Solecki
Let us know below who you think will win the fight between Julian Marquez and Sam Alvey!