Jim Miller and Joe Solecki will meet in the Octagon on April 6.
The news was first reported by MMAJunkie. The grappler’s delight will serve on the April 6 card where Miller looks to get back into the win column. However, in his way is the streaking Solecki. Specifically, Solecki has rattled off five in a row, with some credible heads to his name.
Notable Grapplers Jim Miller and Joe Solecki Meet On April 6
Prior to this pairing being announced, Miller had recently lost a unanimous decision to Vinc Pichel. However, after a botched fallout with Bobby Green, he finally will get the chance to compete in the cage he calls home. Despite fighting Lyme disease, Miller remains a potent threat in an incredibly stacked lightweight division at the age of 37.
In the opposite corner, Solecki exploded after a thrilling performance on Dana White’s Contender Series. Following that guillotine choke over James Wallace, the lightweight went on to beat Matt Wiman as well. After those performances, he got a step up in Austin Hubbard, and the young Solecki submitted Hubbard with a rear-naked choke in the first round.
Overall the two present a great stylistic matchup since they both are such tenacious grapplers. In addition, it gives Miller a chance to get back in the driver’s seat with a big win over an opponent who is on a monster winning streak.
With the addition of Jim Miller vs. Joe Solecki, here is the lineup for the UFC event on April 6,
- Darren Till vs. Marvin Vettori
- Nina Ansaroff vs. Mackenzie Dern
- Jarjis Danho vs. Yorgan De Castro
- Ignacio Bahamondes vs. John Makdessi
- Norma Dumont vs. Bea Malecki
- Sam Alvey vs. Zak Cummings
- Jordan Griffin vs. Luis Saldana
- Arnold Allen vs. Sodiq Yusuff
- Hunter Azure vs. Jack Shore
- Kyle Daukaus vs. Aliaskhab Khizriev
- Shamil Gamzatov vs. Da Un Jung
- Mike Perry vs. Daniel Rodriguez
- Impa Kasanganay vs. Sasha Palatnikov
- Mateusz Gamrot vs. Scott Holtzman
- Jim Miller vs. Joe Solecki