Jai Herbert will take on Khama Worthy at UFC Fight Nights 196 which will take place October 23 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas
The card is scheduled to appear on ESPN+. Herbert, 33, entered the UFC on the heels of a six-fight winning streak. The Englishman managed to capture the Cage Warriors Lightweight title and even defended the strap once. However, Herbert ran into a snag in the lightweight division in his UFC debut after being knocked out by Francisco Trinaldo in the third round.
Worthy, 34, has also run into some problems in one of the UFC’s most contentious divisions. In his last two appearances inside the Octagon, Worthy has been on the receiving end of some nasty knockouts. Back in Sept. of 2020, Ottman Azaitar capitalized on his shoddy striking defense and finished Worthy via strikes in less than two minutes into the contest.
Then, Worthy faced rising lightweight Jamie Mullarkey and once again fell short in the striking department. The England native was sent crashing to the canvas after absorbing a left hook, Mullarkey followed it up with some ground and pound to secure the victory. Despite the two men being on losing streaks, they sit among a stacked division. Without a doubt, at UFC Vegas 41 these pair of lightweights have the chance to reassert themselves into a busy lightweight landscape.
News of the reported match-up was first revealed by sources at MMA DNA.
UFC Vegas 41 lineup
With the addition of Jai Herbert vs. Khama Worthy, here is an up-to-date lineup for UFC Vegas 41:
- Paulo Costa vs. Marvin Vettori
- Alex Caceres vs. Seungwoo Choi
- Randa Markos vs. Livinha Souza
- Daniel Lacerda vs. Jeff Molina
- Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Joselyne Edwards
- Jun Yong Park vs. Gregory Rodrigues
- Mason Jones vs. Alan Patrick
- Dwight Grant vs. Francisco Trinaldo
- Jonathan Martinez vs. Aaron Phillips
- Nicolae Negumereanu vs. Ike Villanueva
- Grant Dawson vs. Ricky Glenn
- Jai Herbert vs. Khama Worthy
Do you believe Khama Worthy can get back on track with a win here?