An exciting lightweight bout between Diego Ferreira and Gregor Gillespie is in the works for the UFC event on May 8.
The news was first reported by ESPN. Ferreira is coming off a loss to Beneil Dariush, but it wasn’t complete dominance. However, Ferreira is now in the driver’s seat with a chance to get back in the win column with a win over a big name. Despite Gillespie coming off a loss, his wrestling pedigree is a challenge for any opponent in the cage.
Diego Ferreira Vs. Gregor Gillespie – Lightweight Clash In May
Gillespie’s last fight with Brad Riddell got canceled. However, many are excited to see how one of MMA’s top prospects responds to losing for the first time professionally. In particular, the American was knocked out by a brutal head kick by top lightweight Kevin Lee. Following the loss, the credentialed wrestler decided it was best to take some time off.
The 36-year old Ferreira always brings a furious pace to the octagon. With a win over former lightweight champion Anthony Pettis, it’s clear the Brazilian has a high ceiling in the sport. In addition to the win, another feather to put in his cap is the fact that he was able to finish Pettis with a rear-naked choke. Ultimately, Ferreira submitted the highly skilled grappler to the surprise of many fans and pundits.
With the addition to Diego Ferreira Vs. Gregor Gillespie, here is the most up-to-date lineup for the UFC event on May 8:
- Cory Sandhagen vs. T.J. Dillashaw
- Donald Cerrone vs. Diego Sanchez
- Ben Rothwell vs. Philipe Lins
- Amanda Ribas vs. Angela Hill
- Neil Magny vs. Geoff Neal
- Ryan Benoit vs. Zarrukh Adashev
- Maurice Greene vs. Marcos de Lima
- Christian Aguilera vs. Carlston Harris
- Tafon Nchukwi vs. Jun Yong Park
- Nikolas Motta vs. Damir Hadžović
- Mike Trizano vs. Ľudovít Klein
- Francisco Figueiredo vs. JP Buys
Who do you think will win, Gregor Gillespie or Diego Ferreira? Let us know below!