On Thursday morning, Alonzo Menifield tested positive for Covid-19. Consequently, his bout at UFC Vegas 20 with William Knight is now off the table. The news was first reported by anonymous sources at MMAJunkie. Menifield has gone through a fight cancellation due to the virus before, but last time it was because Ovince Saint Preux tested positive for the virus.
At the moment it looks as though that the fight will be rescheduled in a timely manner.
Alonzo Menifield Tests Positive For Covid-19
The 33-year old athlete is a powerful force inside the cage. In addition, Menifield started with some great performances in the UFC. Despite being 2-2 inside the promotion, he came from Dana White’s Contender Series and knows how to finish fights. Prior to the two-fight losing skid, he’s on, the light heavyweight picked up a lot of steam in his first couple of UFC performances. First, in his debut, he handled Vinicius Moreira within a round. Then, got a huge step up and faced Paul Craig, which he once again finished by strikes.
Unfortunately, this is not the only fight that UFC Vegas 20 has lost to Covid-19. Earlier this week, news circulated that Raoni Barcelos tested positive for the virus.
The show must go on, so with the cancelation of Alonzo Menifield vs. William Knight, here is the most up-to-date UFC Vegas 20 card:
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Ciryl Gane
- Nikita Krylov vs. Magomed Ankalaev
- Montana De La Rosa vs. Mayra Bueno Silva
- Pedro Munhoz vs. Jimmie Rivera
- Alex Caceres vs. Kevin Croom
- Alexander. Hernandez vs. Thiago Moisés
- Angela Hill vs. Ashley Yoder
- Alex Oliveira vs. Ramazon Kuramagomedov
- Alexis Davis vs. Sabina Mazo
- Alonzo Menifield vs. William Knight
- Ronnie Lawrence vs. Vince Cachero
- Dustin Jacoby vs. Maxim Grishin
Keep it locked on All Access MMA for your latest breaking news and fighter stories!