A middleweight bout between Eryk Anders and Darren Stewart is now scheduled for June 12 on the UFC 263 pay-per-view.
The fight will join the stacked pay-per-view headlined by middleweight champion Israel Adesanya. Not to mention the return of Nate Diaz versus Leon Edwards. However, the middleweight fight with Anders and Stewart is a rematch after their initial no-contest result last year. In particular, the first to report the news was the CagesidePress staff. After an unsuccessful move up in weight for a second belt, Adesanya will look to reassert his dominance at middleweight. The 34-year old former football player had a few ups and downs in the UFC but is finally starting to put his skillsets together.
Conversely, Stewart is looking to get the win back after Anders landed an illegal knee in their last outing. However, since the strike was a mistake in the heat of the moment, as a result, a no-contest was issued.
Eryk Anders Vs. Darren Stewart – 185lbs
Prior to their two pairings, Stewart picked up a huge win against Kevin Holland. While it was a split-decision win, the performance showed off his striking abilities. Anders is coming into the fight with less momentum. The middleweight dropped a unanimous decision loss to Krzysztof Jotko last May. Despite the loss, Anders is always game inside the cage, and he’s slowly learning how to blend his grappling and striking together.
At UFC 263, each athlete has a big opportunity in front of them, and a big showing could set them up with a ranked fight later this year.
- Israel Adesanya vs. Marvin Vettori [C]
- Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Brandon Moreno [C]
- Paul Craig vs. Jamahal Hill
- Demian Maia vs. Belal Muhammad
- Leon Edwards vs. Nate Diaz
- Carlos Felipe vs. Jake Collier
- Fares Ziam vs. Luigi Vendramini
- Hakeem Dawodu vs. Movsar Evloev
- Karol Rosa vs. Sijara Eubanks
- Lauren Murphy vs. Joanne Calderwood
- Matt Frevola vs. Frank Camacho
- Drew Dober vs. Brad Riddell
- Steven Peterson vs. Chase Hooper
- Eryk Anders vs. Darren Stewart
Who is your early pick in the fight between Eryk Anders and Darren Stewart? Let us know!