The former 2X bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw will have to wait a little longer for his highly anticipated return.
Specifically, the former champion shared that he sustained a nasty cut above his right eye. While drilling to get ready for his main event next Saturday against Cory Sandhagen, Dillashaw got hit with a damaging headbutt and had to remove himself from the fight. The former champion expanded on what happened on his Instagram.
“I’m sad to say that I have to be pulled from my fight on May 8th due to a cut received from a head butt while drilling. T.J. Dillashaw said. Rescheduling the fight as soon as possible.”
TJ Dillashaw Out With Injury – Sandhagen Fight In Jeopardy
As mentioned above, Dillashaw hopes to rebook the fight with Sandhagen as soon as possible. The promotion should preserve this fight because it will be fireworks. With Dillashaw being out for a couple of years due to issues with USADA many were very curious to see how he would return. Despite having to wait a bit longer, it will still be exciting to see how his presence affects the bantamweight landscape moving forward.
With this bantamweight fight dropping out, the promotion decided to move on and dub Marina Rodriguez vs. Michelle Waterson as the new main event for next weekend.
In addition, here is an updated list of fights scheduled for May 8, next Saturday:
- Marina Rodriguez vs. Michelle Waterson
- Donald Cerrone vs. Diego Sanchez
- Ben Rothwell vs. Philipe Lins
- Amanda Ribas vs. Angela Hill
- Neil Magny vs. Geoff Neal
- Diego Ferreira vs. Gregor Gillespie
- Phil Hawes vs. Kyle Daukaus
- Ryan Benoit vs. Zarrukh Adashev
- Maurice Greene vs. M. Rogério de Lima
- Christian Aguilera vs. Carlston Harris
- Tafon Nchukwi vs. Jun Yong Park
- Mike Trizano vs. Ľudovít Klein
Keep it locked on AllAccessMMA for your latest breaking news, fighter interviews, stories, and more!